St Matthew’s School receives Pupil Premium funding to support children eligible for Free School Meals and also those in services families.
- Literacy Lab
- Ms Green and Mrs Selinas, our Assistant Headteachers work across each Key Stage to provide additional teaching support for children in each class
- Reading volunteers from Beanstalk and other organisations read with children across the key stages
- Dramatherapy is run in conjunction with Roundabout
- Financial subsidies for visits, residential trips and extra curricular activities
- Financial subsidies for instrumental music lessons
Barriers to Learning
We understand that all pupils may face different challenges that might affect their learning. At St Matthew’s, we identify potential barriers to pupils’ learning so that we can ensure that every child makes progress and is successful at school – academically, socially and emotionally.
Some barriers to learning that some children might face at various times during their time at primary school include:
- Poor attendance and punctuality
- High mobility
- Low starting points on entry to primary school
- Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Attachment and trauma